1. Who we are?
2. For what purposes do we collect your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers.
These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.
- We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DIYUSTOM Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, DIYUSTOM, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
The types of information we collect include the followings:
- Contact details and basic information: The personal information you provide us such as your name, user name, user ID, address, and email address.
- Financial information: You will be required to provide DIYUSTOM Store information regarding your credit card or another payment method. You represent yourself and justify to us that such information is correct and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument.
- Your IP address: When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address which helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
When you provide us with personal information to create an account, complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our actions of collecting and using these data for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
4. What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from Diyustom Store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, and email address. Also, you will be required to provide DIYUSTOM Store information regarding your credit card or other payment instruments. You represent and warrant to us that such information is correct and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
5. Third-party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their privacy policies concerning the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand how these providers will handle your personal information.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada, and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
6. How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% safe, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
At DIYUSTOM Store, we never share our customer’s data with a third party in any way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you. We always try to personalize and continually improve your shopping experience.
7. About Cookies
1. Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
2. Understand and save user preferences for future visits.
3. Tracking ads.
4. To compile aggregated data about website traffic and website interaction in order to provide better website experience and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services to track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser (such as Internet Explorer) settings. Every browser is slightly different, so please check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some functionality will be disabled. It will not affect the user’s experience, making your website experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place an order.
9. Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email protected]